I am unable to afford my medication.

Good RX
Canadian medications
Reply to Llamalover47

I think the leading consumer magazine recently did an article on how to get meds for less.  One of the suggestions was goodrx dot com.  It will show you where in your area the medication(s) are cheapest and I have used it with great benefit on behalf of my parents.  Costco as well...you don't need to be a member for pharmacy access.  But the other things which others will likely point out are to see if you qualify for a health program like Medicaid which is asset based...and failing that, most drug manufacturers have a patient advocacy or assistance program.  No doubt there are forms to fill out and apply for, and you may need to be looking for a brand name, but you won't know unless you try.  Also, maybe in your area a Free Clinic?
Reply to robinr

I use a type of eye drop in one eye on an ongoing basis, and I've been obtaining it from MailOrderMeds.com This is based in Canada, and my prescription is shipped from the UK (and manufactured by a branch of the same company that makes it in the US). I've been buying this the same way for a few years and have been very happy with the service and prices. It cost less for three vials than the copay for one vial in the US. However, with Medicare the difference may be less. Because this is my only routine prescription, it costs less than the deductible would be if I bought it through my Medicare related prescription plan from an American pharmacy, but if you have several prescriptions this might not save you money because you would reach the deductible very soon. However, you might want to price your prescription with this company, although I doubt you'll be able to do better if you are already saving 90% of the price (I save about 60%).

In any case, others may find this information helpful.

[Right after posting this, I saw that ruustyk just posted something very similar and is also very satisfied with the results. By the way, I love the fact that we can edit our postings after the first click--I wish Yahoo and YouTube offered this feature, too!]
Reply to jacobsonbob

Yes, Canadian Pharmacies they have a list of certified Canadian Pharmacies that are reputable on line. For example I live in the US and take Advair my Pharmacy here wants to charge me $300 a month not covered by Part D I have been getting thru Canada for 12 years for $78 for 3 months same manufacturer as Advair it comes from the UK the country depends on the exchange rate at the time.
Reply to ruustyk
jacobsonbob Feb 27, 2019
I used to use CanadaDrugs until they discontinued this service. This company was also very reasonable and reliable.

I'll add for the benefit of other readers that all these companies require a prescription from one's physician in the US, and one should avoid purchasing from any company that doesn't require this, and then look at the labels of the product when it arrives to ascertain the manufacturer.

These companies generally take a few weeks for their products to arrive (although they keep you informed). Because my prescription is a liquid (eye drop), I make a point of avoiding ordering during the winter or mid summer to minimize any risk of freezing or high temperatures--something I learned during my years of working with a company that shipped biological extracts. If one's prescription is a solid, then this will be less of a concern.
(1)
So get on website for the manufacture of the med. they have a financial assistance form you and your doctor will out. Needs to be done each year and for each manufacture.
Reply to Barb83

canadian pharmacies
Reply to Jeaniepo

Good RX. They tell you the prices at a list of pharmacies. I had to change one to another pharm to save $80.00.
Reply to LaTxKan

I did all of that. Thanks
Reply to bootsboots3

there is a program called extra help through Medicare.
Here is a link. It’s based on income and helps with prescription drugs.

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10508.pdf
Reply to 97yroldmom

I did all of that. One of my meds is $600 a month. My insurance brings it down to $60. but that is still too much. I am very low income.
Reply to bootsboots3
robinr Feb 27, 2019
Pretty much every area of the US is covered by what is known as an Area Agency On Aging.  They are the gateway to every service available and if you call should be able to link you to your local office on aging and other resources, including possibly United Way.
(0)
Wal-Mart's has a list of Medications that are discounted. Search the medication. I have seen where coupons are offered. Check the manufacturers site. Ask your pharmacist.
robinr Feb 27, 2019
Oh, yes, forgot about Walmart.  In spite of it all, I have had far less issues and problems with Walmart than the usual grocery store...which wanted to charge about $30 more for one of Dad's rx.  Luckily I only get them filled every 3 months anyhow.  BTW, read in that previously mentioned article that someone without insurance coverage bought an year's supply at one time and saved a bundle!
(0)