I had to quit my job two years ago. Both my parents need more care. Both use walkers and do not cook or clean any more, but my bills are getting behind. I can't work so I was wondering if there was a program that pays for me to be their provider, I hated doing this but I need an income and I have talk it over to both my parents and they agree.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Emessere, the vast majority of grown children do not get paid for taking care of their parents unless the parent can pay them from their own pocket. If your parents can do that, then you would need to create an employment contract.

Another option is to see if your parents can qualify for Medicaid [which is different from Medicare]. Depending on your State programs, you might be able to get paid, but please note the pay will be very minimal.

Can your parent budget for a caregiver to come in to help them? Then that way you can get back into the work force and re-start savings. Otherwise, how are you paying for health care, car insurance, etc?
Helpful Answer (1)

Check with your local Medicaid office. Some states offer some help.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter