Does the client want to or need to move right away (to a facility?), whether or not she had cats?

Have you tried to offer ways the client can live at home and receive better care?

Has anyone confirmed your assessment that the client can no longer live at home?

What are the 3 top reasons the client cannot remain at home? What is her condition?

Have you built up trust with your client? Is there a family member who could participate in removing the client from the home/ if in danger?

Maybe you could return and let us know more?
Reply to Sendhelp

Those are her babies. I’d feel the same way. I’d live under the bridge before abandoning my pets. Is there a way to find her better care and keep the cats too?
Reply to Dizzerth
Kimbof Jan 24, 2023
Me too
(1)
Make sure that wherever she moves to receive better care will allow the cats to come with her. If not, perhaps cleaning up or improving her current home and having a caregiver come is the answer. It is in both hers and the cats' best interest to stay together. (This is if it only a few healthy, vetted cats, and not a hoarding situation. )
Reply to pinotkitty

Obviously she loves her cats dearly. They’re a comfort and important to her. Please explore options for her to keep her pets.
Reply to JeanLouise
TouchMatters Jan 24, 2023
It could be both bonding and major dependency, esp as a person ages / loses their independence due to dementia. It is not an easy situation at all. If she is able to care for her cats, by all means, see what alternatives are available. Some of us here ask(ed) for more information about this person. We cannot provide the support / feedback / suggestions that could help w/o knowing more about this person (as we are just guessing).
(1)
You could try contacting one of the partners from your state at https://www.petpeaceofmind.org/ to see if they have any suggestions.
Reply to Frebrowser
GB2112 Jan 24, 2023
Didn't know about this organization ~ how wonderful.
(0)
If she has dementia then I would tell her that the cats will be coming to visit her or maybe even that that cats will be coming to live with her after a month or two when she all settled in. Then find the cats a new home. Do not call animal control or a no kill shelter. The chances of them getting adopted are very small.
Reply to Caregiverstress
TouchMatters Jan 24, 2023
If she has dementia, she could be told the cats are coming with her.
The ultimate need is for this woman to be safe and well-cared for ... then the cats.
(0)
How many cats? Does your client have dementia or memory loss? Or just physically needs facility care?
Reply to Geaton777

Where is she moving to? Some assisted living facilities will allow pets. I don’t know how many cats would be allowed.

How many cats does she have?

Could you help her to find another home for them if she isn’t able to care for them?
Reply to NeedHelpWithMom

https://www.petfriendlyseniorliving.com/assisted-living/texas/tarrant-county.html
Reply to Fawnby

If this person is financially able to pay for assisted living, there are some places where pets are allowed. More than likely a limit as to how many.

If the person would be having to move to a nursing home, there's probably none or a very limited few that would allow a pet. I totally get it that I wouldn't want to leave home AND my pets. If NH is the only answer, what would it take to get better care at the place where the person currently resides?
Reply to my2cents