How do I block a posters comments from appearing on my newsfeed?

Researching end of life issues and hospice issues. Not wanting to read user who is using this as an anonymous prolife platform.

10

Answers

I'm not sure. I recently started a thread about Hospice evaluation, end of life care for my LO and no one said anything negative. So, maybe, they've moved on.
Reply to Sunnygirl1

New to forum. This is my first comment. I’ve read from a variety of threads, comments and discussions. Afraid to post because some threads seem very established with older posters controlling conversations. Others seem to have very critical posters. So this is probably my only comment. I’ll keep reading, but probably that’s it.
Reply to UsedupDIL
worriedinCali Sep 7, 2018
I’m so sorry! Please don’t be afraid to post & interact. There are so many supportive people here who share their experiences and knowledge! I found this place when I was searching for answers about the end of life and what to expect! The pro life anti-hospice threads were very upsetting to read at first. Most here are very kind & supportive and will not judge you or criticize! Something I try to keep in mind is that a lot of people are going through some very difficult things with their loved ones and while it may seem they are attacking or lashing out, they really aren’t trying to be that way!
(1)
I wish i had the answer to your question too. Sorry but i understand totally. Sorry that you are going through this too. I am afraid to post alot of times in here only because im afraid of the one person that might respond. Take care
Reply to Dcurnan
gladimhere Sep 6, 2018
Dcuman, don't be afraid to post ever. There are some on this site that have a reputation for being quite obnoxious and completely inappropriate. One thing to know is you take what you need and leave the rest. It would be very nice if these trolls and other people could just be eliminated. But the anonymity of online forums makes it virtually impossible. There are many more that understand than are nasty here.
(7)
I've reported a lot of posts and nobody has ever been blocked because of it, people have to be pretty outrageous to be banished from the forum and even edits by the moderator are sometimes not ask strict as I would like to see.

There is a little report on the lower right of a comment. This will go too the Adminstrator and she can block the person.

When I get annoyed with certain threads or people I stop following the entire thread so it doesn't show up in my news feed, if I'm still interested in a particular thread I can always check it from the main forum page (one bonus of the AgingCare updates is that it is much easier to stop following now).

I also wish there was a way to block some users on this site, but for now, we just do not have that ability. There are those that seem to have platforms, especially when it comes to the subject of hospice, that want to persuade others to their way of thinking. All these posters would have to do is create another user, it has been done.
Reply to gladimhere

You can report inappropriate comments. I am not sure how the admin handle such reports.

i have reported spam comments but never had any follow up from the site managers, but the posts were removed.

My heart goes out to you knowing that you are in the final stages of care giving for this loved one.

End of life discussions can be very challenging as people have different beliefs and strong feelings about Hospice, Palliative Care, right to die, medication to relieve suffering and more. I hope you can clear objective answers to your questions.
Reply to Tothill

I don’t believe we have that option. I’m so sorry, many of those posters threads and replies are upsetting and are nothing more than their own personal agenda.
Reply to worriedinCali

I understand entirely, and I hope someone knows how, because I want to know, too!
Reply to SafetySarah