How dependent are people of you?

I'm 21 and taking caring of my grandfather and he is 100% dependent of me. If I wouldn't be around he wouldn't be able to get anything done because he has paraplegia. How is this on you site? Do you think that if you weren't there anymore that your parents, husband etc. would be able to get along alone or if he would accept somebody else to take care of him/her?

17

Answers

So, aside from the thesis questions, are you trying to find out if your parents are capable of taking care of your grandfather, with or without assistance? or do you guys have the caring issues handled?

Oh, and by the way, your intro post is a patent, false lie and misrepresentation.

You stated:

"I'm 21 and taking caring of my grandfather and he is 100% dependent of me. If I wouldn't be around he wouldn't be able to get anything done because he has paraplegia."

Then in your other post you stated:

"My experience in caretaking is limited to a few times I have supported my grandmother. "

Your insults to our intelligence are very, very offensive.

I answered in your alter ego thread, but I'll repeat it here.

Your research doesn't seem to me to be related to your stated IT/Econ major. Nor can I imagine any adviser for a major thesis accepting something so totally unrelated, as you've stated how you want to address the issue.

If you're looking for information just for yourself, and your family, that's one issue. But to couch it in terms of academic research really stretches the point and insults posters who take THEIR time to help you out.

Perhaps you should spend a few hours reading some of the posts here and you'll see that there are people who really need help, and they currently ARE in a caregiving situation, which you're not.

A few times with your grandmother doesn't constitute caregiving. If you really want to learn more, do some googling and find a good book, but I agree with Jessie.

And frankly, Econ was my major as well and your approach is far from what I'd consider truly academic.

Good sleuthing job, Jessie.

Since your story changed and you use two names, you are just a troll IMO. Either that or you're doing some research to see how much time you can get caregivers to waste answering questions with obvious answers.

Sorry, forgot about that:

My idea was to separate the questions that are more important to me personally(How to measure progress?, Where to educate myself?, How dependent are people of you?) and the one which I thought would be more relevant for my research (E.g. How much time to spend caregiving a day?, How to handle administrative things?)

I read your explanation Robert/tomas. I'm afraid your cup won't hold water.

And tomastreo, Robert?

@JessieBelle and GardenArtist: I will copy my answer I gave in a previous post:

Ok, sorry for the confusion. Yes I’m doing research and yes I’m also a caregiver.
My background is as following: I’m studying (IT/Economics) but currently I’m working abroad while my parents are taking care of my grandfather who is paralyzed (He cannot walk, talk or move his right hand). I’m 21 years old and have been taking care of my grandfather for one month. Before that my grandmother was taking care of him which is not an option any more. After I finish my work I will be writing my bachelorthesis until my graduation in September. During this time I’ll be at mostly at home and taking care of my grandfather. The reason why I’m asking this broad questions is that I’m very new to this, I don’t know what I’ll need in the future (As I graduate in September I might move for another job) and the fact that I’m doing research for my bachelorthesis: I have realized through my own experience that family care takers go through a hard time (especially in the beginning) and my bachelorthesis aims at finding out what problems do caregivers have and if there is any way the IT can help this. Originally I wanted to talk to caretakers one in one to find out what their problems are (Which is unfortunately not an easy task) so I decided to think of things that have been giving me a hard time and ask around.

That’s the reason why my questions are so broad and why there are so many of them.

I once again want to apologize highly for the confusion I created.

My experience in caretaking is limited to a few times I have supported my grandmother.

Thank you all once again.

Jessie, you have really good insights.

Something strange going on here. thomastreo and RobertK21, these are a lot of questions. Are you doing research?