I have been giving my spouse all of his care giving for the last five years and need to know if I am entitled to get paid for this matter under Social Security payments or any other information.

Find Care & Housing
Department of rehab may be able to set you up as a homemaker. There are also different groups I know of one called Sahara that will not only pay you but offer medical/nursing training as well.
good luck.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to CaringHasValue

Social security doesn’t pay for a caregiver of any sort. As a spouse no, you really aren’t entitled to be paid to take care of your spouse. It’s part of being a spouse, you know? If your spouse qualifies for Medicaid then he/She may be eligible for home care and your state is one of few states that will pay a spouse.
Helpful Answer (2)
Reply to worriedinCali

Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter