My grandma is unable to be present as she is in rehab. What are some options for me?

Hi Kithieman1,

This article may help you understand why the bank isn't accepting your POA and how to work around it.

https://www.agingcare.com/articles/what-to-do-when-bank-rejects-poa-178641.htm

Be aware that banks aren't the only entities that may not accept POA documents. The Social Security Administration, Medicare and the VA all require a caregiver to obtain additional authorization to access and manage an aging loved one's benefits, coverage, etc. The following article provides further information on this matter.

https://www.agingcare.com/articles/make-sure-you-are-an-authorized-representative-for-your-loved-one-202376.htm

I hope this helps! Best of luck to you and your grandmother.
Reply to AgingCareCM

I went through this with 2 of 3 of my dad's banks. Only one would honor it. I finally ended up getting conservatorship. When I went back to one of the banks after this process was done, they asked me why I didn't just do DPOA. I looked at that banker's face and told him that I did that but their bank wouldn't honor it. Left him speechless...............
Reply to Babs75

The other problem is that this was her bank in Florida. We live over 4 hours from the nearest branch.
Reply to Kithieman1

I doubt that you will get much, if any, help from WF until all of the investigation are over and fines paid. But try everything suggested and then some.
Reply to OldSailor

Wells Fargo is know for this, good luck!
Reply to pamzimmrrt

Call the bank, explain the situation and ask if they could get a bank official to get her signature in rehab. Our bank did this service for us.
Reply to Treeartist

Fill out checks, take to rehab and have grandma sign. That is a real solution.