Legally, how can a senior citizen restore their competency?

How do you win in court when the county is very corrupt? Mitchell County NC DSS placed me in an assisted living place, since they determined I was incompetent. No Doctor did any competency evaluation on me. A magistrate in Mitchell County NC made a decision in a five minute hearing. Mitchell County NC DSS states a mental evaluation cost too much, so there will be no Doctor Report. I have a home and want to continue aging in my own home. All my life savings is in my home. My daughter will state I am competent and can live alone. She has been there for me for 15 yrs. And Mitchell County NC will NOT allow her to file any petition in their court to remove DSS as guardian. My daughter was told she could not be my guardian because she is disabled. I cannot afford legal help.

3

Answers

Call Legal Aid for attorney based on income. Check with the Legal Bar Association in your state.
Reply to gladimhere

You NEED an elder law attorney.
Reply to gladimhere

We have no lawyers on this forum. We are a forum of caregivers sharing our experiences in hopes in helping others and getting info.

In your situation a lawyer is needed.