Caregiver for mom for 5 years, etc, all that good yet exhausting stuff. Anyways she got sick *again* to the point she was delirious, incoherent, couldn't sit up straight (she's post stroke, left side paralyzed, but she could still get up and transfer to wheelchair and what not before she got sick just recently)
Last night they were telling us they strongly believe she has dementia, isn't eating right, is on a special diet to avoid asparating, was in so much pain had to give her morphine shot. And had no idea when her release might be, "probably not for a while" to quote the nurse.
Today they called my the house and talked to my dad at NOON (her ex, his only real relationship to her is he let's her and me live in his house to make things easier) and told him they'd be releasing her at 2, with a transport and basically dropping her off.
I called them and chewed them out because they didn't call me or any of her emergency contacts with the excuse "the man we talked to said he was her spouse" got them to postpone till 10pm. But they're saying she has to be out by midnight?
What the hell do I do? I saw her this morning and there is no way I can take care of her while shes still like this, I don't even know what to feed her with this special diet and if she can't sit up or anything I can't transfer her dead weight (she's fairly large lady) to take her to the restroom or anything.
What do I do? What do I tell them? How the hell do I prevent them from trying to send her home in a state where she's just gonna end up in the ER again within 24 hours if I try to take care of her like this.
Irony of all this is talked with her social worker just two days ago who told me they let me know in advance of her release, how to go about it, and that if we decided to take her we'd be responsible for picking her up because they specifically don't have transports.
Now my dad is calling me (I'm out of town at this point even because no one said they'd be releasing her today this morning and told them that that's why they postponed it) freaking out at noon telling me they told him they're gonna (if they had their way shed be home right now) send her home today in a transport. No warning or anything. They didn't even ask if there was anyone to be her caregiver (I guess they assumed it would be me although they never confirmed)
Please, if anyone knows of this stuff or has experience I have no idea what I'm supposed to do or say to keep her under care, because I was at my breaking point trying to take care of my before when she wasn't sick, there is no way I can do it with the condition she's currently in.