Hired a caregiver that formerly worked for a home care company I employed. Any advice?

We had a healthcare worker for 12 days caring for my mother, through a company. She left the company and caring for my mother for another job elsewhere. A month later the job did not pan out and we were ending our contract with the company and we hired this person. Our contract said we could be sued if we hired their employees without waiting 6 months. But being as she didn’t quit this company to work for us, we think we are in the right.

4

Answers

Thank you for the all for the advice, I agree and never thought of it that way.

Walkinglady, think about it this way, you would not have met this caregiver if it wasn't for the Agency. Correct?

Thus, the Agency has a right to bill you for a "finder's fee".

It's a contract. You can be sued. If it becomes a problem, try to negotiate a "finder's fee" to avoid a suit.

You signed a contract so they can officially can file a claim. A contract is not exactly a suggestion. Many times the employee is aware of the situation that you describe