What is a good eating plan (7 day menu) for a terminally ill cancer patient?

soft, nutritional food

There is no such thing for a terminally ill cancer patient. You let them tell you what they want to eat and prepare it. They may suggest something for which seams appealing and get quite excited over the anticipation of the meal. However, when you have prepared it, they may not eat it or even like it, as they used to. It's not their fault. Cancer is a mean disease and plays havoc with everything within their body and around them. That includes you. Prepare each meal with love and pray it works. Eventually it will be yogurts, protein shakes, fruit bars, popsicles, and finally ice chips. I wish you all the best. This is the saddest part of caregiving and the most heartwrenching.

My mom is dying of cancer right now, and her appetite is practically non-existent. She doesn't like the taste of food anymore, and when I hug her all I feel is bones.
And you're right, it's a terrible disease. I've heard that people that are terminal with cancer, most die from malnutrition. Now that's bad. For her, she has to force herself to eat but then many times will just throw it up anyway. She's been drinking protein/muscle type drinks and whatever may sound not to disgusting to her that particular day. Cancer sucks big time.
I say let dying people eat whatever they want to eat, can eat, and can "keep down". If the person is close to death anyway, probably no food is going to do as much harm as the death-causing disease is doing (although I suppose in cases like diabetes-related oncoming deaths etc. one would have to be more careful). It is so hard to accept the fact that a loved one can no longer take in much or any nutrition. It is frustrating and heart-breaking for everyone involved. But it is what happens more times than not in connection with dying.
I am so sorry to hear that your mother is not doing well. My mother is in the nursing home and she so looks forward to us cooking peas, home fries with onion, sliced tomatoes and a big slice of cornbread. However, when the food is served to her, she just moves it around on the plate. Our hearts just break when we see this happening. Luckily, she will 3 Blue Bell icecream cones at a sitting. We are concerned that she is not receiving the nutrients needed to keep her healthy. She is 88 years old and has been in the nursing home for about 8 of those. We have a hard time with the icecream thing, she will go through a half gallon in about 2 days, so I guess I should be thankful that she is still able to eat.
A termianally ill patient should eat whatever they damn please. You have to be kidding right?
This is very hard. I don't know what her living situation is, whether 'facility' or home. My suggestion would be, think of all the things she liked to cook or take to friends or with the Church Ladies. Comfort food. She needs to enjoy the memories that are associated with taste and smell. I am sure that she has hundreds of recipes, probably in her head, but I bet you know some of them too. At this stage of the game, nutrition is useless. Provide for her all the things she would have cooked for you guys and there is your 7 day menu. She will appreciate you remember and hopefully enjoy the comforts of you attention.
To Paul Anthony - your crass response was uncalled for. Renay is only asking because she doesn't know what else to ask at this point. Maybe you have experienced such painful and heartwrenching situations as this, but not everyone has. Instead of ridiculing the question, you should be focusing on how you can help her through this difficult time. Cancer affects everyone involved in that person's life. I joined this website for compassion and support. Why are you here?
Boma. Compassion and support is good. My mom is sufferring from severe dimentia. She is not dying but she has no ablity to know what she wants. I had to Man up a long time ago and get my emotions in check and get to the task of keeping her alive. I decide based on what she would like. I am happy she has the appetite she has and I think part of it is varying her diet and surprising her with cool snacks. A person with cancer may not have an appetite for anything specific so you have to key in on what she likes and again I say the person should have whatever he or she likes. Just get ready for the dissappointment when they don't eat. I am sorry for the lack of a compassionate answer.but I stand by it.
Is there any medications she is on that could be contributing to her throwing up or have a funny taste in her mouth? Has she been on a steroid for a long time without an anti-reflux medication? Does she have reflux? She could have an infection like a UTI or some other illness that might be making her sick and anorexic.

Unfortunately, depending on her stage of terminal illness, it may just be that her body is rejecting the food. It is a very difficult thing to watch as a caregiver, because food and nutrition is a way of nurturing and is a sign of health. If she is actively or very close to actively dying, then food can make her more uncomfortable. Continue to offer, but resist trying to coerce her into eating. If she totally rejects food and drink, you may want to keep her mouth moist with special swabs and her lips with chap stick.

Spend time just being with her and enjoying other things as you can - the sunset or the sunrise if she stays up a lot at night which is common in the terminally ill, the beautiful spring flowers and outdoors, beautiful music, books or movies, give her massages with relaxing oils, and ask her to tell you about the family history or times in her life if she is up to it. Cherish this time you have as much as possible. At some point, she may rouse and actually want to eat something or become unusually active just before she dies.

I am truly sorry that you are going through this with your mother. I know you will never regret having this time with her, though.
Hugs to you. I know it helps us just to feel "normal" to ask practical questions when a loved one is dying. We want to do all we can to help our LO. My father died of a brain tumor in December and all I wanted to do in his last days was give him a taste of things he craved before he was at the end stage. Not much worked for us but his beloved popsicles. They help hydrate a little bit and the cool sensation was comforting to him.