The bathroom floors are rotted.The house is not insulated.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
Some cities offer weatherization grants. Check with the Mayor's office. As far as the rotten bathroom floor, you would have to pay for those repairs. If you let it go, eventually the floor will give way and she will be injured or killed. Your local building inspector can give you a list of contractors who are licensed for your locality.
Helpful Answer (1)

Does your mom want help with her rotting floors? If not then there's not much you can do about it. It's her house.

If she does want help, if she does want to fix her floors ask around, friends and relatives, and see if they know of any good companies who can fix your mom's floors. I think a referral is very important in this situation since your mom is elderly and you don't want someone taking advantage of her.

If you can't find a referral then take to the internet. Find local companies, research them and make sure they have comments online posted by previous customers. Almost every business does these days.

Lastly, if you can't find anyone yourself places like Lowe's and Home Depot do this kind of work.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter