Been living with my mom for the past 2 years after she was diagnosed with demntia. Her money has basically run out with the exception of ss check and two small pensions. My wife and I have to work and she has come to the point that someone needs to stay with her during the day while we work. I have heard medicaid, reverse mortgages to pay for care but am wary of these suggestions. Lawyers are charging thousands of dollars for elder care advice. Any suggestions?? We do not wish to put her in a home at least while she still knows us.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
There are two great articles written by editor’s that were already posted in our community. We thought this might answer your caregiving question.

“10 Government Programs You Can Access for Your Elderly Parents.”


“How Can I Get Paid for taking Care of My Elderly Parents?”

We hope this helps. Please let us know if you need anything else and we look forward to seeing more questions and discussions from you.
Helpful Answer (0)

I suggest applying for Medicaid, and then using the Elderly Waiver program to provide in-home care for her while you work. Look up Elderly Waiver on your state's website.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter