Advice to help my mom with bowel movements short of an enema or laxatives in that she's in diapers and wheelchair bound?

She's in the end stages of Parkinson's disease and was just released from the hospital a few days ago from an infection. She normally is very regular but it seems everytime she goes into the hospital she has trouble having bowel movements. Now that she's home I don't know what to do short of laxatives and it would be very difficult to give her an enema??

2

Answers

My Mother's high blood pressure medicine makes her extremely constipated. Per our doctor she takes religiously 1 capful of Mirlax daily (we get this by perscription because it is less expensive). Works like a charm. We used to be at the hospital constantly not anymore

Try Senna in a tablet form and Metamucil. We give that to my Mother, alternate days. Softener and fiber, Lots of water, fresh fruits and vegies. :) xo