My elderley great uncle is now in a nursing facility. He has nobody but my brother and I an we need to be sure all his medical needs are taken care of while he is there. He doesn't have any legal paperwork and they keep telling me since he is ward of the state, there should be some sort of papers signed so that we can make a decision if something should happen. I have no idea where to go with this. He is in his late 70's, deaf and now partially disabled. We don't want to be responsible for monies, but want to be sure he is getting the proper treatment. Can someone shed some light on this for us. Thank you.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
It's kind of you to be concerned. If he's a ward of the state, you may have little influence, but you can go the the state website and type "aging" in the search box. There you'll find the LTC ombudsman for the area. This person can help you figure out what you can do to help. It's always helpful if the facility staff knows someone is visiting the resident. Good facilities should be good regardless, but if someone cares about the individual, they are apt to pay more attention.
You are good people.
Take care,
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter