I live in an apartment which I have been here for 20+ years and now, just being on disability, I am having a very hard time keeping up with the bills. Yes, unfortunately, I took out a pay day loan and used my car for a title loan! I just do not know what to do about this mess. I also have doctor bills that need attention. This coming week is going to be a disaster with trying to deal with all of these companies that I am obligated with!!

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Here is a list of places in SC that offer budget counselling.

It's so easy to judge people who get into financial trouble. I don't do it any more. Once I was unemployed and stopped opening my bills, I realized it can happen to anyone. God bless you.
Helpful Answer (1)

Yes, get a caseworker assigned, either through an agency or your county office for the aging.
Helpful Answer (0)

I am so sorry you are having these distressing problems. Since you are on disability you are eligible for Medicaid. Some states grant this automatically and others require a separate application. If you aren't on Medicaid yet, you should get that.

Right now you need immediate help. If you have a disability case worker or a Medicaid case worker, contact them. If you don't have a worker, call the number for United Way in your area and explain your immediate needs. They can direct you to a financial counselor and other resources.

You can get this worked out! Don't try to do it alone. There is help out there, and you deserve to use it.
Helpful Answer (2)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter