Supposedly in 2020 some Medicare Advantage Plans will include some daily home health and even home care in the form of daily custodial care. Anybody know about how this works and how helpful it is or what's its limitations are?

Contact the company selling the plan and ask for an explanation of benefits.

Medicare Advantage plans differ among and within Medicare Advantage providers. For example, in my area, United offers 2 regular Medicare Advantage plans as well as some specialized plans. Their regular Medicare Advantage plans differ primarily in that one is a PPO and one is an HMO; the HMO plan is less costly but with more restrictions, which is a common difference among plans. And the Anthem BC/BS plans differ from the United plans, etc. You are correct that the offerings of any Medicare Advantage plan are also limited by regulations that are the same across plans, and some of these do change from year to year.

I am not familiar with home healthcare changes for 2020. I have a Medicare Advantage plan, but I don't believe there were any changes for 2020 regarding home healthcare. You should be able to look up a few providers online; e.g., United, Humana, Anthem and look at their different plans. You could also look up phone numbers to call the providers, or search for providers in your state. You probably already know this, but normally you need to be selecting a Medicare plan of any kind during the regular enrollment period. There are exceptions if you have just become eligible for Medicare, of course, or if you move to a different area, etc. Otherwise you'll probably be looking at 2021 plans, which aren't out yet.

My understanding is it is very limited.   It is to cut down on use of short term rehab facilities.   Maybe a few hours a day a few days a week, for up to 3 weeks.  They will help you bath, etc LO.

I would call your local Office of Aging. There should be someone who can tell you the pros and cons of a MA.