Has anyone used a rehab-type electric power chair for care of an Alzheimer's patient at home?

They can elevate, recline, tilt, etc. They have attendant controls in the rear for the caregiver to use. I wondered if they would be useful. I already have a Hoyer lift, sit-to-stand and ceiling lifts. The power chair would be used for field trips in a handicap ramp van and for moving around the house, transferring to bed, toilet, reclining lift chair, etc.

The person would need to be evaluated to see how advanced the dementia is in relation to ability to self drive the wheelchair. Otherwise there will be wall bumping, people bumping or even falls from the chair.
For use by a caregiver, You might want to consult a PT and ask what kind of chairs are out there. I recently saw a customized power chair for a semi quadleplegic that had a motor similar to ones built in customized bikes. I live near a bike shop that did some custom work for a hemiplegic. So that may be another site to inquire.  Also check with colleges that offer post graduate work in biomedical training.  MIT comes to mind ( in Boston)
I would be concerned about safety. My dad doesn't have dementia and we've had a few minor "oopsies" with his power chair, with both him and my sibling and I operating it. Even customized for his relatively small size (he's 5 feet 6 inches and slim/average weight), his chair weighs over 300 pounds. When it is in motion, it is powerful. I've learned the hard way not to multitask when driving it. I almost took a toenail off once when I was maneuvering it in our van!