Tried to get family MD to test mother for dementia but doctor is telling me nothings wrong with her. I don’t believe it, just doesn’t want to get involved.

You can only get guardianship for a person who can no longer make decisions for themselves. It doesn't sound like your mother is there, if her doctor doesn't think she even needs testing. Do you think you could find other doctors who would conclude she is incompetent?

What would you do now if you suddenly, magically, had guardianship? Maybe there are other ways to achieve that.

The article so thoughtfully found by ff will provide good background.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to jeannegibbs

katfish, your title mentioned Guardianship. I came across this article I found here on Aging Care:
Helpful Answer (2)
Reply to freqflyer