I am caring for my father (92) living in my home, dad is WWW II vet only receiving SSI. I can work because my dad needs 24 hours care. I'm in financial distressed, can't pay my bills, can't work, I need help. Does anyone know any government aid? And how to access it?

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
Look to your local welfare agency for food stamps and info on other resources.
Helpful Answer (0)

I think the program you are looking for is VA Aid and Attendance. You could also check on county HCBS (home and community based services) to see if he can get an aide while you go to work.
Helpful Answer (2)

Is your father getting any assistance from the VA? If not, have you applied for it? He could get meds and some medical treatment, and possibly in home care.

Google "Stockton, CA VA" and check out the hits. Contact the local VA directly to make arrangements to apply, or contact a local county VA service office, or the American Legion or VFW.

If he can get in home care, that would help, but someone who needs 24 hour care might more appropriately be in a facility that can provide that care.

What are your father's medical conditions? How long have you been caring for him full time?

You can also contact your local Area Agency on Aging and ask what assistance might be available.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter