Can you get paid to take care of your parents?

i see you are in California so if your parents are in CA too, and qualify for medi-cal then you should go down to the department of social services and apply for In-Home support Services for them. If they are approved, they can hire you as a caregiver. A social worker will do a needs assessment & determine how many hours they are eligible for. The hourly rate is around $12.70 an hour, and there are NO BENEFITS.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to worriedinCali

rmiekle, the vast majority of grown children do not get paid for taking care of their parents..... unless the parent can pay you from their own retirement fund. If your parents are able to do that, it is best to draw up an employment contract.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to freqflyer

Call your Medicaid office and see if they have programs. In PA they have care agencies that will train a family member and hire them to care for a LO. I think though, there is income involved.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to JoAnn29

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter