I had to drop out of Nursing school to take care of my Dad and now I take care of Mom. She has low income per month. Own's her home.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
Home and community-based waivers are programs of in-home and community care that help Ohio Medicaid consumers remain at home instead of being in a nursing home. go to for information
That will enable you to get back to school and build your future.
Helpful Answer (2)

Majority of grown children do not get paid for caring for their elderly parent, unless the parent is financially able to pay from their own pocket. If a parent can afford to pay you, the parent might as well hire a certified trained caregiver… thus allowing you to keep your courses at nursing school, or looking for full-time work so that you will have your own retirement fund.

If your parent qualifies for Medicaid, the State might allow a trained Caregiver from an Agency to come in to help a couple hours a day. It is hard to find a State that has a program to pay a grown child to care for a parent, but there are exceptions such as California. Check your State to see what is available.

Also, check with your local Council on Aging to see what programs they offer, such as an Aide coming to the house.

If you Mom has low income per month, is she managing to maintain her home? If it is a single family home, as you know there are a lot of maintenance costs associated plus annual real estate taxes, homeowner's insurance, umbrella insurance to cover anyone who might get hurt working in or about the property, etc.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter