What papers do I need and where do i get them? I am in MI any help is great. I have been getting the run around from so many people, so i thought i would ask my fellow caregivers how to go about doing this. I heard the state will pay me as a caregiver for my parents... Just need to know how to go about it? Any help will be deeply appreciated! thanks Laura

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Hello twinlaura,

There are two great articles written by editor’s that were already posted in our community. We thought this might answer your caregiving question.


“10 Government Programs You Can Access for Your Elderly Parents.”


“How Can I Get Paid for taking Care of My Elderly Parents?”

Best Regards,

Ashley T.
The Team
Helpful Answer (0)

Query this subject for additional answers. It's been previously asked and answered many times. Also check legal and money tab top of this website and it's answered there to.

Basically, have an employment agreement drawn up legally and signed by all parties. Be sure to include wages, job responsibilities, caregiver duties, respite care, vacation, expenses, reimbursement, hours to work, benefits, 401k, etc.

Remember you are giving up your employment, benefits for caregiving and therefore need to consider fair compensation, just like any employment. Don't just count on getting a loved ones property or estate...that could go fast if you eventually have to move them to skilled care.

Ps. Have an out clause in the contract in case it doesn't work out for you.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter