She is a very private person I took care of my father until he passed away 2yrs ago. they both don't want strangers in the house.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
That’s a very common question asking about being paid. Majority of grown children do not get paid for caring for their parent, unless the parent is financially able to pay from their own pocket. If a parent can afford to pay you, the parent might as well hire a certified trained caregiver allowing you to keep or look for a full-time job.

If you live in the States, see If your parent qualifies for Medicaid, the State might allow a trained Caregiver come in to help for a couple hours. Note: it is very common that elders don't want strangers in the house, but there will be times when the elder doesn't have a vote in that issue... you will need help.

Also check to see if your State is one of those States that has a “Cash and Counseling” program to help you out, it‘s worth looking into. Note that each State has their own rules, regulations, and programs.

Also contact your county agency on aging for programs such as Case Management, Meals on Wheels, Adult Day Care, housing, care referrals, etc,... go to the website link below.... click on your State.... now click on the city/county.

And please come back to the forums if you have any Caregiving questions, we would be more than happy to share our experiences with you, and give you ideas on what to do.
Helpful Answer (1)

You are going to have to ask her pay you. Full time care taking is very expensive and it will help if you have a contract with her.

Is she making plans for her care, when you are no longer able to do it? I mean we all need to work and we all get sick at some time. Good luck.

You can search "getting paid" in the search function.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter