My boyfriends "family" is banned from rehab facility because the kids dont behave. Instead of saying no or spanking they say thats not proper behavior and the kids run wild. They also dont make kids clean up after themselves and they leave a mess. It drives me nuts.

Boundaries. And when you're in someone else's home, THOSE house rules are in effect, not what you can do in your OWN home. Too darn bad if that brother gets miffed. Or, they can remain outside in the yard the entire time.

Good for you tacy022! Keep up the good work. LOL

They arent my boyfriends kids, it his brothers. They try to pull the my child is so smart crap so they need to flouish. No they need to behave. Their scared of me which is probably good just because they decided to fingerpaint the floor with spices and i wouldnt let them have pizza til they cleaned it up. Idk i think im sounding old but children need to lean respect.

FF, my kid's always respected THAT LOOK, from either their Dad or I, not that we kit them or anything, but we did follow through on withholding treats and such, worked pretty good too! Lol! At least they themselves, ive notice are using this same method! And it does work, if you socialize your children young and are consistent with them!

My personal advice: find a new boyfriend. If he can't control his kids, he can't control himself either.

Definitely kid's Always need to be taught manners, and to respect their parents and elders, but lids probably need to have little exposure to rehab centers for the obvious, as kids will be kids! It has always been that way the world over, and is usually brought on by boredom. If the Parents gave them things to occupy them for short visits, they would probably behave much better, but there usually is one, who is in need of a nap, or is hungry, so it isn't the children's fault! IMOHO

I grew up at a time where all a parent did was have to look at you a certain way, and you would stopped immediately what you were doing. Then you would sit and be quiet until it was time to leave. No words were spoken until Mom and Dad had you out in the car.

We have a woman with 4 kids from the underworld who comes to visit each month. By the time she leaves I am like a cat clinging to the curtains. She doesn't try to calm them down at all. I end up having to tell them not to run with sharp things and no, it is not okay to put your sister in the garbage.