I am a former caregiver of my mom. She had dementia. I took care of her for eight years. She passed four years ago. I didn't put utilities in my name and there was no will and there is no way to presently clear the title. I have been without service 100 days and City is refusing to reconnect me. I was told that there should be something somewhere that we can file that would give me right to occupy the home as a Caregiver in Oklahoma. But I need to know specifically where to obtain that and where to file that. I have literally lived in the house in the freezing cold with no heat. I need to find that fast.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
I don’t understand. Have you paid the bill? Usually that’s why power is shut off.

Utility companies have programs for indigent folks. Are you indigent?

Regarding the title issue, I would pay the bill because now you will have to spend money on an attorney to do a title search and work out the legalities.

I don’t understand why you don’t put the electric bill in your name. Is there past due amounts you haven’t paid?
I don’t recall the electric company needing my mortgage ppwk when we moved to set up a new acct.

All they want is for the bill to be paid. Surely this is not unreasonable a request.
Helpful Answer (0)

Why was it disconnected? Did you not pay the bill?

Tenants can have utilities hooked up. They just need to agree to pay the bill.
Helpful Answer (1)

Contact Oklahoma Legal Aid for more information regarding getting deed to house and assistance with utilities.
Helpful Answer (5)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter