Find Care & Housing
I agree, get an emergency appt with an ophthalmologist ( is an MD) not an optometrist (not an MD). You may be able to get them in quicker than a neurologist. The Eye Doctor can always refer you.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to JoAnn29

Refer patient with flashes urgently to ophthalmologist because they suggest intraocular disorder (vitreous, retina, optic nerve)
Refer patient with flickers urgently to ophthalmologist, neuro-ophthalmologist or neurologist unless diagnosis of migraine is obvious because they could also suggest transient ischemic attack or seizure
Helpful Answer (2)
Reply to gladimhere
gladimhere Feb 23, 2019
Go to the ER.

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter