I'm trying to get a handle on how fast my MIL's Vascular Dementia is progressing, what the next symptoms may be and when they might start. I know that everyone is different but it may help to know the timeline of events that others have experienced.
14 Months Ago - First noticeable symptoms - forgetfulness and repeating,
9 months ago - Step Down - She had some sort of insulin or medication overdose which resulted in a massive seizure . After that she could no longer drive, was having trouble remembering her medications, and could no longer handle her finances. She has quickly progressed to her current state.
1. Absolutely NO short term memory (information is gone is about 10-20 min.)
2. Difficulty operating household items (TV remote, Phone, Vacuum, etc...)
3. Has almost no ability to follow directions or figure out a problem
4. Visual depth perception (which caused a fall two weeks ago).
5. Declining dexterity and coordination and moving slower
6. Emotionally, she is depressed, often angry, and anxious.
7. She seems to be losing empathy or concern for others.
8. Slight decrease in personal hygiene
9. Confusing dates and length of time since events. (Examples: She thinks a picture of er grandchildren was taken in 1994 when it was really 2013. She says my FIL has been deceased for 4 years when it's only been 2-1/2)
10. Making up things when she can't find the correct answer and fabricating stories.
11. Needs complete supervision with insulin injections, medications, doctors appointments, grocery shopping, etc...
12. Still able to stand, walk, cook simple meals, eat, bathe, toilet, and dress completely on her own.
Please share with me your loved one's first noticeable symptoms of Vascular Dementia, their current state and the time frame.