I have been living with my mom in law since March 18th when she had total knee replacement surgery. Her knee is fine but she can't live alone anymore. I have to do everything from daily dressing to cleaning and making meals, even making sure she takes the proper meds at the r I got time. The problem is I also do the shopping and my husband is 2 hours away, so he has to do all my stuff at home. With the current wage freeze and deep cuts in hours we can't afford to see each other except 1 a month and are behind on the bills at home. I can't work as I have my own health issues. I'm so afraid we are going to have to file bankruptcy. What kind of if any financial help out there for us?

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
The vast majority of grown children are not being paid to care for their loved ones. Those who are paid are being paid by the parent/in-law.

If you live in the States, see If your Mom-in-law qualifies for Medicaid, the State might allow a trained Caregiver come in to help for a couple hours. Also check to see if your State is one of those States that has a “Cash and Counseling” program to help you out, it‘s worth looking into. Note that each State has their own rules, regulations, and programs.

Also contact your county agency on aging for programs such as Case Management, Meals on Wheels, Adult Day Care, housing, care referrals, etc,... go to the website link below.... click on your State.... now click on the city/county.

And please come back to the forums if you have any Caregiving questions, we would be more than happy to share our experiences with you, and give you ideas on what to do.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter