Find Care & Housing
It depends on if you are a 1099 subcontractor or w2 employee.

Go to the IRS website and search for VITA (volunteer income tax assistance) or call the Accounting Aid Society, they serve the Detroit Metro area, and they will prepare taxes for free.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to tacy022

I use a tax preparer who charges $40 to do my taxes. Not bad i don't think. If you don't have anything complicated as far as tax returns, then it shouldn't cost too much to have someone do it for you.

If you belong to a local caregiver group, someone there might be able to give you some info on how to do it yourself. Search online for a local group.

Another option is to call the IRS and talk to someone. You might have wait a while on the phone.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to polarbear

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter