I care for my mother in Illinois who Doctors consider only able to live at home because I take care of her.She has dementia and organic brain syndrome.Is there any cash caregiving assistance that I can access?

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
If your mother is on Medicaid you may qualify for a few hours. Also, if your state has Cash and Counseling you may qualify for some help. Otherwise, it's not likely. Try going to your state website and clicking on their link to The National Family Caregiver Support Program (it may have slightly different name). They are good about helping people connect with local services. You won't be able to replace a full-time job income by any means, but depending on where you live and your mother's financial situation, you may qualify for a few hours, anyway. Good luck,
Helpful Answer (0)

yankeeaunt ,

There are two great articles written by editor’s that were already posted in our community. We thought this might answer your caregiving question.

“10 Government Programs You Can Access for Your Elderly Parents.”


“How Can I Get Paid for taking Care of My Elderly Parents?”

We hope this helps. Please let us know if you need anything else and we look forward to seeing more questions and discussions from you.

Karie H. Team
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter