Beth, this question as well as general transportation for elders is periodically asked here.

This is a link to other questions of a similar nature; you might find some suggestions there. Personally, I would contact the local public transit agency to find out if they have paratransit a/k/a small bus service. for someone in wheelchair
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to GardenArtist

Beth, Aging Care isn't an Agency that sends out caregivers. Aging Care is an on-line only reference center with articles and forums for caregivers to exchange information.

Call your local taxi companies and see if they provide a wheelchair mini-van. We have them in my area and they work out great but are a bit expensive.

Also call your local Agency on Aging and see what recommendations they might have. Could be your County or City has a senior van that accepts wheelchair riders.
Helpful Answer (2)
Reply to freqflyer