Hi Robertasmom
call your local Area Agency on Aging and ask that they assess your mom for services available to her. I’ve attached a link below.
If your mom is on traditional Medicare and is home bound, her doctor can order home health for her. This would enable her to have a nurse check on her weekly and other services.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to 97yroldmom

No. Medicare will pay for physical and occupational therapy and perhaps a bath aid, but only if ordered by the doctor. But definitely will not pay for caregiving.

Medicaid may pay for a minimal amount of in home care as will veterans Aid and Attendance. But you cannot double dip and there are health and financial qualifiers
Helpful Answer (4)
Reply to gladimhere

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter