Does medicaid pay caregivers? - AgingCare.com

Does medicaid pay caregivers?

15

Answers

My brother says i have to pay for someone to take care of my mother if im not there. If i dont , is this parent neflect? She can pay for some of it.

I pay someone to take. Are of my mom 7 days a week, about 42 hrs per wk. Can i get financial assistance anywhere? My brother stays with her at night

Mistyann125, your best bet is to contact the Medicaid office in South Carolina. Every State has their own rules and regulations, who can qualify and who can't. And what programs are available..... programs change frequently, what was available last year might not be there now due to budget cuts, etc.

Vast majority of people do not get paid for caring for a loved one, unless that love can can pay you directly from their own pocket.

I am trying to find out the same thing. We live in Rock Hill, SC.

I am moving to buy a home in Columbia ,sc.But I currently live in Sacramento ,ca where my disabled mom moved in with me and I am her caregiver. The state now pays me to care for her. Are there similar programs in Columbia,sc that will pay me to be her caregiver there?

i take care of my mother that has dementia and my sister that is a quad. they do not live with me, but i am at there house to get them up. get them dressed, make their breakfast, i make sure they take their meds. then i go back in the evening to make sure they eat and take their meds again, then i go back at night to put them in bed. i also go to the store, the pharmacy, and the doctors appt. can i get financal help?

I live in Jacksonville, Florida and keep my mother-in-law. I would like to know if I can get paid through her bluecross/blueshield/ medicaid/ or medicare. She has all three. What steps do I need to take to start the process.

how do I get help for a 70 years old mental disturbe with seizeire, I need a program to get her in .......
Viviannne gamache

my mom lives with me and I take care of her. She is 86 and has health problems and I do everything for her.Someone told me I can get paid for this. Is this true and how do I go about it? Thank-you Linda

jlyn321,

Here are some articles to read that will help you be able to make a better decision on weather or not your husband should quit his job to care for your mother-in-law. This is a tough economy right now and you are lucky to have a job. But if you can afford it... its a different options. Read these articles by our experts. I feel that they will give you more insight and look for another article on quitting you job to care in a few weeks :)

The Sandwich Generation: Caring for Kids and Your Parents
Page 4: When Caregiving Effects Your Ability to Work
www.agingcare.com/articles/caregiving-effects-ability-to-work-123286.htm

The Working Caregiver: Issues Faced With Working & Caregiving
www.agingcare.com/articles/Caregiving-Issues-and-work-95637.htm

Both my parents have dementia. Should I quit my job to care for them?
www.agingcare.com/Answers/My-mom-and-dad-are-both-getting-dementia-I-am-all-alone-taking-care-of-them-since-my-sister-passed-136743.htm

Can my boss force me to choose between my job and caregiving?
www.agingcare.com/Answers/caring-elderly-parents-and-working-139456.htm

Best of Luck :) Make sure you make your own decision and be confident in it.
~Karie H.