I am trying to find out if Michigan provides Medicaid funds to the elderly for 24/7 in-home care by caregivers and, if so, what the criteria are to qualify?

No, but call your local Area Agency on Aging to find out about the Medicaid waiver program. Unfortunately there's a long waiting list, and I don't know that they'll fund 24-7 care. But it might be worth finding out about. (Also the Community Living program {I think it's called} and PACE {depending on your area}.)
Reply to k12144
tacy022 Sep 30, 2018
Michigan has one of the most expansive waiver programs. There are no waiting lists and by law, waiver must contact and start implementing services within 48 hours. What you have stated applies to other states, not Michigan.
(3)
No, they do not provide 24 hour care as a rule. They will not do overnight care unless the primary caregiver has a third shift job but then they are required to provide all daytime care. The aides are considered back up to the family providing the care.
Reply to tacy022