Lol! Isn’t it just the quietest room in the house with a secure door that locks? I find the animals all waiting outside the door for me and think “Jeesh! Gimme a break will ya?”

Bathroom is defiantly my solice location and place to handle a phone call. My true get away place is my riding lawn mower..just out back mowing away, head phones on.
Reply to Topotraveler64

Ha! Good to know I’m not alone! She hollers and I hollar back but she’s deaf so I still sit lol. I’m trying to coach her to say what she needs so I don’t run thru the house from the backyard with dirt on my feet and hands, but she says “I forgot.” In the bathroom I just sit. I’ve almost fallen off asleep here lately. That wakes me up with a start!
Reply to CharK60

Your animals wait outside? Mine come in with me! If I don’t guard the TP, my dog swipes it and I wind up chasing after her, pants down around my ankles yelling “come back here you furry little (beast)!!!” My husband doesn’t care where I am. He will call me no matter what...🙄

I haven't had a real vacation for longer than I can now remember.  All I want is a few days of peace and quiet to not be awoken, to eat, sleep, read, hug my pup, not necessarily in that order.  I'm wondering if I am comfortable enough leaving my parents, though they function pretty independently...but mom is the one with dementia and can be clueless at times...and dad is 101, stubborn, very active, and deaf.  We have good neighbors but I don't want to impose on them to be look outs.  Mostly I am afraid that I will enjoy things so much the re-entry may make me more frustrated and angry:-)
Reply to robinr

Ha! Been there also. SometimesI would love to live in there, but I have to bring my dog in also as I am and would be afraid of what might happen to him!
Reply to Lostinthemix

Washing dishes is good too ... how many people offer to come over to help out ???
Reply to Betsysue2002

I did that too! The exact same place. Took care of my mother for 11 months. At first I thought I'd have to say I had IBS, but no one asked so I never had to explain. Yes, my dogs were waiting too. LOL
Reply to Cindy916

Hugs Dusti
Reply to 97yroldmom

Hi CharK and Snoopy....I definitely do (that and my study). I don't lock the door and one of my fur babies likes to check on me then I have the bathroom to myself. My favorite thing...long hot showers. I feel so relaxed when I get out. Just wish I still had a robe. My favorite thing used to be to get my shower, put on my pj's and then my robe.
Reply to Dusti22
robinr Jul 19, 2018
what happened to your robe?  Watch for a hotel robe on ebay:-)  They're the best!  Sometimes the hotels at home website has specials with 25-30% off on the robes too.
(2)
Me! It's so nice and quiet. It's my Shangri-La.
Reply to SnoopyLove