My mother is bedridden and in need of medical evaluation. She is not under a physicians care. FYI- House Calls of Virginia is no longer accepting new patients. I left a voice message at Visiting Physicians Association. Do you know of someone who can assist?

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
One of the largest companies near you is Gentiva. But they work with your MD to provide home health care. So either you have 911 transport to the ER or you ask about a Hospice evaluation. OR if her health insurance provides a 24 hr nurse hotline, you call that.
Helpful Answer (0)

You could contact the Area Agency on Aging, local senior centers, and local hospitals to see if they have visiting physicians.

Is there a state or county agency that handles aging issues? Sometimes they have information on home care resources.

Have you tried researching online for home care physicians in your area? I did some quick research and found not only the agencies your mentioned but a few more. A word of caution though. Norton flags some of these sites as questionable, and even 2 of them as unsafe. So be careful which links you click on.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter