If her dad is paying her out of his own money, it would be wise to do a Caregiver Contract and to withhold taxes, Medicare and FICA. It also shows that the money is a caregiving expense and not a gift, in case Medicaid is needed down the road.

Medicaid has a 5 year look back on spending is most states.
Helpful Answer (5)
Reply to BarbBrooklyn

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter