I guess today is one of those days. Started out at 2 am got stuff done. Went to one of my clients office, told him 2 weeks ago he was outta paper..my fault. Usually meet clients on tuesdays but didnt because of weather so i confused days and forgot to take garbage out..oh well. Didnt realize some people do not know you have to run a garbage disposal for it to work..my fault a dead mouse was in his parents disposal. Went to lunch with a client and "mommy" didnt have enough water..i guess if i was thirsty i would use the tap water. Then you work late and don't call and your chicken is dry..mine wasn't I ate when it was done. Oh and one of my hairs fell in the bathroom sink..uhoh end of the world. Does anyone else feel like they get nagged at over the stupidest things?

I think that most of us have days like this. If this is just an occasional glitch in life - even if it lasts a week or two - then it's normal. If you feel this way all the time, then you may want to look at the reason that others are defining the way you feel about yourself. Likely you're having a bad day - or several - just like the rest of us.
Take care of yourself, though. Please update us when you can.

Yes, but we've been married 44 years and I get even by putting saltpeter in his roasted chicken.

This whole thread is very confusing. Were some posts removed? There seem to be responses to posters that aren't here. And are Emmy and Tacy the same person? Or just posting about the same thing?

In response to Tacy: I moved out of my mother's house and got my own place in part because of the constant nitpicking. She complained that I left the door open for two minutes while carrying packages in or out. She complained that the house smelled like onions when I was cooking. Or I spilled two drops of water on the floor. I was much neater and more considerate than she was in the house, but she still complained constantly. It's very annoying to live with that, especially when you're there trying to help the person.

Scott, im sorry for the loss of your mother and clearly you are still grieving. Obviously, you cared alot about her and took your caregiving duties seriously and you relished the time you spent with her. Not everyone feels that way, some of us do feel trapped and resentful of the situation. My boyfriends parents had him later in life, so they are actually closer to my grandmothers age than my own parents. My family is quite liberal and would not put something like this on their children. My son bought my grandma whos in her 90s an ipad so she can communicate better with great grandchildren and she adapts. We were always taught to express ourselves and we were allowed to tell our parents they were wrong. The situation im dealing with is two stubborn old people who never quite accepted im a female who went to college, doesnt want more than 1 kid and speaks freely--oh no. They purposely make piss poor decisions about their health and we have to suffer the consequences. To be honest with you and myself, if i would have wanted to care for people i would have went into the medical profession not finance and accounting. While i respect you gave such good care to your mother, it is not fair of you to judge those of us that do not share your passion.

Tacy--
You do MANY right things. You also seem to have an untenable amount of stress from your folks. I can only say that all of us have days like this, if that helps. I don't even DO much for my mother, currently, and I feel like I am failing her. She has a way--well, you know, of making you feel guilty for breathing in too much air. I'm sorry for your anger and frustration and hope you can find some help, soon.

Yezzz, Carla and others, I reported scottdenny's posts, in addition to making some rather strong comments to him. Admin saw fit to remove most. He can usually be counted on for a terribly negative perspective, not to mention judgmental comments that are not appropriate. So, just gloss over some of the posts it don't seem to make sense because they are referencing missing submissions.

I thought this was a site for questions and, sometimes, venting, NOT being critical and insulting. Not everyone is cut out to be a caretaker. There are many factors involved, your own personal situation, finances, your relationship with the people needing care, your own physical and emotional health. Rather than criticizing someone, offer suggestions for care, other than personal caretaking. Suggestions such as home health aides, assisted living, day care or whatever may be appropriate. You shouldn't accuse someone of being unfeeling because they are unable or unwilling to take care of someone else's difficult parents.

I am not a parent. I am 58 years old and am I of 6 siblings. I had 5 operations in my 40's and neither one of my parents assisted me in any way. I went broke, lost work and suffered physically and emotionally. Thankfully I recovered my health, but I really never got back on track economically or career wise. Still I am trying my best and grateful to be in basic good health with a good heart.
This is totally out if the realm of understanding of my aging divorced parents. Their concern is their own mortality. And why wouldn't it be? After all when they were perfectly healthy and able to assist their very ill single daughter they did nothing.
I am generally a compassionate person, but I get the comment that midkid58 makes - they can try to make you feel guilty for breathing in too much air.
I don't take that bait. I have been through too much and know what's what.
I can just about take care of myself. I am not a valuable commodity to my parents because I cannot provide them with services.
It is nice to help out your parents in their old age if you are able to. Perhaps if they had given me some assistance when I needed it I would be better able to give them a hand now. I don't know.
I do only what I can and that is all. Definitely need to breath adequate air for myself!

Tacy, It is obvious, in other's critical eyes, that you don't do anything right.
No one needs that abuse, especially not you, and not at this time. You may be suffering from burnout, and justifiable anger. I don't know. But there are concerns for you. I see you reaching out, trying to figure things out.
Urgent for you that you step outside, look up-is there a sky up there? Any sunshine at all? Hoping you are not in freezing weather! What do you see?
Get back to me and others. If you cannot do anything for yourself....hide out with the understanding that today's full moon does affect sensitive persons. Maybe you are sensitive in addition to enduring untenable circumstances?

Pamstegman, THANK YOU!
LOL moment (Bless your heart), hehehehe