There was a meeting today my son, ex and her family needed to attend with the waiver SW and nurse. Fraud has been established due to 1099's and the miserable old hag is getting kicked off Medicaid effective Sunday.

For home based services, she was getting 60 hours a week 8-12 am and 5-8 pm, 7x a week with a second worker 6-8 Mon and Thurs for baths.

My son was given a schedule of shifts for her 24 hour care needs since ex got fed up and stated he wasnt doing it anymore. Same old vulnerable adult abuse crap. My son wants no part of it. She had a guardian for a few months but it was reversed after antibiotics, lol.

House cannot be sold, secured debt and IRS lein would need to be taken care of first. No money for nursing home. My solution is put her in jail or ship her to Germany.

In Michigan, you need to file a petition with the court for involuntary hospitalizations. My lawyer doesn't work Fridays. Any ideas how to handle his "shift" on Sunday without a neglect charge? What usually happens if disqualified from Medicaid, where do you get rid of them at?

Igloo, sometimes I dont know if your messing with me but you crack me up. CON's, the monopolization of healthcare facilities.

So in my area, company X has a construction contract to build all the new facilities. The preferred vendor for Medicaid is Stonecrest Living Communities (combo self pay and Medicaid)...hell, we cannot make Medicaid people feel impoverished so the facility needs a movie theater, hiking trails, a putting green and a private rooms if requested. She was approved there with a private room but declined.

It is just sickening. My grandma self paid for over 20 years what was considered upscale. It was gawdy (old school German with alot of tacky gold), older building and did not have half the anmenties that Medicaid pays for.

Have you ever thought of relocating to fix the Medicaid mess up here? It is really wasteful compared to other states I have read about here.
Reply to tacy022

OMG, AC cracks me up sometimes. Ex called to ask reprocussions of prepaid burials since I know a funeral director. Exes SIL posted a question about spend-down because you know they are too damn cheap to get a lawyer. They put 20k in a irrevokable trust for a funeral, luncheon and open bar even though they just plan on cremating her, lmao. The limit for a funeral trust for Medicaid is $12,770. They dont realize they screwed up again and the funeral home is obligated to report expenses from the trust to Medicaid. If they do not follow the trust within reason, it is fraud. I have never seen people work so hard to game the system.
Reply to tacy022
JoAnn29 Apr 2, 2019
Yep, I even read someplace that if you don't use the whole amount put in the trust, it goes back to Medicaid. Who set up the funeral trust? The director should have been aware of the Medicaid limit.

Must be kind of fun sitting back and watching this all. Oh please keep us updated on how things keep going. 😊
(0)
We had the same problem it seems ppl not on medicaid dont get help with the elderly. If u dont take care of em adult protective services r called and even tho u tell hospice workers u cant do it.. They shrug thier shoulders say they will help but r the ones who report u. Least in our situation. I say get a lawyer if a case is put on u and tell aps that u cannot do it and u told the workers that already
Reply to Sassy505

Read your reply. I hope this all means you can walk away from these people for good. Hope your son does not get pulled in again. He should not be asked to help anyway. His responsibility is school. She has sons, she is their responsibility.

You have probably read I am not big on SWs either.

Tacy, was it you who handled all the finances and then stopped. Wanted no more to do with MIL. Then MIL said you were the responsible party and you proved you kept good records and had nothing to do with her deceit?

You keep using the word "she". Who is "she" exactly besides a "miserable old hag"?

How old is "she"?

Whoever "she" is, how she your responsibility?
Reply to NYDaughterInLaw
JoAnn29 Mar 24, 2019
Think she is worried about her son.
(0)
Tacy - stay out of this. it is a snake pit. And your son should stay out also.
Reply to Kimber166

Tacy, could you put a little info on your profile. I know you have posted before but they get lost in with replies.

Is this your ex MIL? Sorry, refresh me, what was the fraud? And like asked who is telling your son he has to care for, I assume, Gma.

She needs to be in a LTC facility but paying for it maybe the problem. Medicaid has already stopped her HC doubt if they would pay for LTC. My opinion, let the state become her guardian and then they have all the headaches. She may get on Medicaid easier too.

What a tangled web we weave...
tacy022 Mar 22, 2019
The fraud is she received 1099-misc, div and int. She never claimed the income, cashed the checks so it never hit bank statements. She also wrote checks to cash and claimed those checks were for bills like cable, house insurance, property taxes or mortgages when her child was actually paying those bills. SW asked for bank statements not copies of the actual cancelled checks.

I dont think she could get Medicaid again unless they are repaid funds. The SW made the schedule until it is "straightened out".
(0)
Holy carp! WHO paid $120k for homecare? The state of michigan? It would have been cheaper to put her in a nursing home! I’m still not understanding why your son is legally responsible. I hope you keep us updated Tacy. This is just insane! Can’t APS do something?
Reply to worriedinCali
tacy022 Mar 21, 2019
Medicaid pays for it, I think out there you call it ihss. That figure is only care and doesnt include part b they pick up, diapers, dr visits, prescriptions, meals on wheels, lifeline, etc . Here there are no co-pays and its all about patient right crap and families picking up the slack. Its a racket. APS wont involve themselves if services are in place.

Thank you, your wording just clicked. If Medicaid is not in effect, the contract they signed would no longer apply, I am thinking. This may work.
(1)
I have been working all day so what I know is ex was done with her and was looking for ways to get her kicked off in home services because they had paid over $120k for home care last year and he was tired of doing it all himself and paying for everything so she could shop off the tv. He left a few weeks ago to force the issue because he thought his brother was in charge and he should do it.

My son texted me about receipts for qualified expenses, I thought it was his 1098 for taxes and thats when he sent me the schedule with the dates and told me SW said to get receipts for qualified expenses like groceries to requalify. He hung up on me when I called and asked him if he was f*cking stupid. Ex just told me his brother is a POS and he doesnt want to talk about it. Exes aunt called and she is not doing the shift she was assigned by SW and POS and wants to drop her off at the FD.

I am waiting for son to get outta work to figure everything out.
Reply to tacy022

If your son isn’t legally appointed her guardian, why would he get a neglect charge if he doesn’t take the Sunday shift? What authority figure assigned it to him? I am not understanding why he can’t simply refuse? It’s his grandmother right? She needs to become a ward of the state if she can’t take care of herself, can’t afford care and her family won’t do it either.
Reply to worriedinCali

Your son would be a fool to do his "shift", and you would be a fool to let him. Protect your son.
Reply to NYDaughterInLaw

Who gave your son a schedule of shift work? Is slavery legal in Michigan, Tacy?

How can your son be forced to care for his grandmother?