Follow
Share

I received a donated commode. before anyone uses it i want to make sure that it is safe. i looked on youtube, but i am hesitant to get a steam cleaning device or a a 90 dollar bottle of hospital grade disinfectant. Does anyone have experience with a similar situation?

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
Yup, bleach water is the way to go. It's what we used to disinfect the puppy and kitten cages at the humane society shelter I volunteered. Here's the CDC's recommendations on the right ratio of bleach to water: http://emergency.cdc.gov/disasters/bleach.asp
Helpful Answer (0)
Report

A cup of chlorine bleach in a gallon of water works just fine. Wear gloves.
Helpful Answer (1)
Report

Agree with Assandache. Bleach is one of the best (and cheapest) disinfectants around. If you live somewhere that the sun is actually shining set it out for a while after the wash. It's no more dangerous using a donated comode than using a public restroom so don't be afraid to accept one
Helpful Answer (1)
Report

I would use straight bleach and just scrub it down..Then finish with a mild soap wash down..
Helpful Answer (1)
Report

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.