We have a W2 paid in home caregiver. She is set up and paid as an in home employee (not 1099). I paid the quarterly taxes as required, and have completed my schedule H form. But, is there something I am missing here regarding how much of this person's total salary I can deduct from my taxes? We paid almost $50K gross last year for these services, and I want to get the most back I possibly can. Can someone please share their knowledge regarding this? My tax accountant is very old school and I don't think he is calculating this correctly.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter