It does come and go.

Hey to everyone that replied I am Maylee29 I got kicked out couldn’t log back in for some reason.  Thank you all for the answers I do have an appointment with an eye doctor just can’t get in soon just was desperate for answers thank you all Basically I have floaters normally this is way more I have a brain mri to rule out any multiple sclerosis having other odd symptoms. My blind spot only occurs when my vision is semi blurry in right eye then I cover my left eye after a few seconds all central vision is gone in right eye but comes back when I uncover my left eye   Also when my vision is clear i don’t have this issue.  so that’s why It’s so weird I think I’m just hoping it is a vision issue and not a brain issue. Thank you
Reply to MayMay1

Call for an appt with an Ophthalmologist. They are MDs that can do surgery. Please, don't wait.

If it is detaching retina it can only be surgically attached within 2 days. If it is macular degeneration medications will slow progression of blindness. Do you really want a bunch of amateurs like us give you a diagnosis or do you WANT to see a doctor?

These can also be an adjunct to macular degeneration and also diabetic retinopathy. See an ophthalmologist immediately and ask for a retina specialist.
Reply to anonymous439773

Agree with FF, bright flashes of light are sign of retinal detachment. I had this. The surgery that corrected it and saved my vision resulted in a huge floater and many small ones. My brain can ignore most of them, (just confusing some for birds flying overhead). But the big one is too big to ignore. Please make an appointment with your eye doctor ASAP to rule out something serious.
Reply to rocketjcat

Maylee, if the dark spot moves around as you are looking around, it sounds like a floater. These are harmless, just annoying. I've had mine for over a decade and eventually the brain will forget it is even there.

Now if you are experiencing any bright flashes along with the floater, make an appointment ASAP with your eye doctor.

As for the floaters, now a days larger floaters can be removed via lasers.

Definitely see a retina specialist ASAP. I had a similar experience and had a partial tear in my retina. Not something to fool around with.
Reply to AlfredR

Dear Maylee,

I have to agree with the others best to go and see an eye doctor and get it checked out. I know I like Dr. Google everything but its better to get an official opinion. If you have any doubts at all get a second opinion as well.
Reply to cdnreader

Yes. Floaters are fairly common I believe. I had them for a short while several years ago. My dad had them and then they disappeared. It’s a good idea to have your vision checked.
Reply to 97yroldmom

Could be "floaters". Does this by any chance occur when you're outside in bright sunlight, or if you enter a room with bright light?

Best thing to do to be sure though is to see your eye doctor.