Dad has early dementia and will be moving with me next month to keep a better eye on him. He is adamant about contributing to some house hold bills, and food expense, but I'm concerned that if he has to apply for Medicaid down the line they will count it as a gift since all bills are under my name. Does Medicaid have a cap say $500 a month in which a parent can contribute towards home expenses when moving/living with there child?

Living expenses are allowed and will not be viewed as gifting, just make sure everything is well documented. I would draw up a contract that outlines specifically what he’s contributing to/paying for and how much.
Helpful Answer (4)
Reply to worriedinCali

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter