How do you cope when your stressed out even before he comes home

It's so hard to know I can't solve all his problems in rehab. Clothes too big or too tight. I keep trying. Lack of sleep. First snoring roommate.. that fixed. Two days later bed is too sensitive beeps every time he moves. Very few beds that don't beep. May not have kne to give him. Finding rides to and from rehab every other day.

22

Answers

1 2 3
The clothes are easy get drawstring. lounge pants.
The bed . alarm sensitivty has to be adjusted.usually by maintenance. Or somerimes chg nurse. When bed property adjusted if he is moved to another room make them take bed with him.
Transportation, if it is to stressful drop a day and converse on the phone. Snoring roommate all that if he can communicate well enough let him handle that. Just tell him he has to voice his concerns with soc serv and the staff. Part of him getting better is autonomity, self suffuciency and independence.

t

My dad complained incessantly when he moved in with my sister and we jumped every time he complained about something, right down to out of the movies we took him to, when he didn't like a film we did. This went on for a long time, until I felt enough was just enough as we were exhausted. I sat him down and told him very firmly that it must stop, because we have tried and are still trying, and if it no longer pleases him, well then so be it. The complaints stopped!

Sounds like he is saying "I don't want to be in the rehab place". This fussiness might discontinue once he returns home. My Dad did this all the time to his wife. She moved him every three months so that I had a hard time finding him sometimes. He hated being there. Even offered to sign over the cash value in his life insurance policy if she would take him home. One time he just put on his shoes and walked out of the place. They caught him and pumped him so full of "happy juice" that he had stroke symptoms and nearly died. Anyway your husband may be calmer once you bring him home. If he isn't then remind him "I am not your servant". and just do what you can, and when you can't get out of the house to take a break.

Thank you for that clarification, Jinx4740.

For the emotional side of things, JesseBelle nailed it. He's not happy and he's not going to be happy.

The one thing you can do is to give him tons of sympathy and understanding. Express regret that his bed problems can't be solved yet. Tell him you see how bad he feels because he isn't getting enough sleep. Acknowledge that his life SUCKS bigtime right now. Do not suggest that he has ANYTHING to be grateful for.

You will continue to strive to solve his problems, but ease up on yourself a lot. What he needs is someone to witness his misery and remind him that he is not alone and forgotten. If he can see and receive your compassion, then you are a success, at least in that area.

"Kne" is a typo for "any."

Does your therapist prescribe your medications? If not visit the psychiatrist who does. If you feel the way you do they clearly are not working. Get yourself sorted out before hubby comes home.
Has hubby's size changed? If not take in clothes that he usually wears.
Hospitals love to label people as fall risks. One hospital I was in only allowed me to wear a yellow gown as that signified "fall risk" that and a bright orange extra wrist band. I also suffered the bed and chair alarm but it can have a good side. if the call bell isn't answered promptly just get out of bed and they come running. They can actually turn them off so they don't have to change the bed.
In your husband's case I would be hesitant to turn off the alarm as he is already disabled and you don't want to be coping with a broken hip.
Don't be in too much hurry to bring hubby home make the most of your currently leisure time to relax and do some things that give you joy.

Yes, what is a "kne?"

Hadnuff: You have posted several threads on the same topic. Please just post one so that we here may assist you better.

1 2 3