Follow
Share

My father has gone to hospital emergency last Friday afternoon due to pain and diagnosed with Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm with 4.3 cm. He was not being released due to uncontrolled BP at 200+/110+. During the hospital stay, the hospital given him many BP meds to bring it down. After released from hospital, he became very confused, such as drinking pot cover wondering why there is no water. He also added chicken powder in his coffee. Last night, he sing songs loudly during the med night, laughing by himself, talking. Do it looks like medical induced, temporary confusion, or vascular dementia? He was cognitively smart before but all the sudden, he became confused. What should I do? Should I observe some more days or should I contact his family doctor immediately? Should I contact her, what should I say?

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
I agree! Contact her immediately.. She want to see him anyway after his hospital stay..
Helpful Answer (1)
Report

I would do what babalou suggests. From my experience the confusion from being in the hospital usually decreases after a few days at home. However, my mom was not back to her usual self. The symptoms of dementia did start increasing after a hospital stay. Go to the doctor to have any UTI's ruled out since this also causes erratic behavior. Good luck
Helpful Answer (1)
Report

Contact her immediately, describe his confusion exactly as you have here. Let her decide the next best step. Is she a geriatric specialist? Sometimes UTIs cause this kind of confusion. Did he have a catheter in the ER?
Helpful Answer (2)
Report

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.