He needs assistance with home repair. I am his sister,living in Michigan

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
Marty, we were in SE Mich. and got help for my grandpa from the Area Agency on Aging. They have a handyman service in our county and the man and his assistants did handyman work at reduced rates (often charging somewhere around 10-25% what a reg. handyman would depending on job.) They did plumbing repairs, smaller handyman style repairs, and put up safety bars for Grandpa. They were doing snow plowing and lawn service too but that usually has a waitlist.

If your brother needs something that pertains directly to his medical needs, like a ramp, the VA can do that.

One of the ladies that used to post here found that some companies like Lowe's or Home Depot offer programs for rehabbing veterans' homes. Home Depot, for example, has a grant program that sponsors Habitat for Humanity's Repair Corp. They help veterans and have done projects in Mich. (per: habitat (dot) org.)

Hopefully his VA will have more info to offer but we found for anything out of the norm we had to track down info on our own and then ask the VA about it. Maybe you will have better luck though!
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter