Where can I find nice comfortable outfits for my mom, such as coordinating pant suits?

My mom always like to dress nicely but now she needs outfits that are easy to wear, comfortable, and are a coordinated set. Is there a catalog out there? Online store? I'm having a hard time finding what she needs.

23

Answers

1 2 3
I'm with Gladimere, Alfred Dunner has terrific coordinated outfits. Slacks with elastic bands and pockets, skirts, and any number of styles of tops that coordinate with the bottoms. I am the queen of Alfred Dunner shopping. For my Mom, MIL, husband's aunt, etc. When My Mom (now gone) moved to Assisted Living, the aides used to love to help her get dressed as they loved all of her Alfred Dunner outfits. And they wash up beautifully. They are available at Macy's in regular/petites/womans; slacks come in 3 lengths, JC Penney and online. When my Mom was in independent living but had slowed down and shopping was too challenging, I would go to the store and bring her a dozen outfits. We'd sort out what she didn't like and then look at the remainder. BTW they have their own website so you can see what they have there as well.

My mom got catalogs from Chadwick. They seem to carry a lot of matched sets. For two summers now I've purchased linen wide leg drawstring pants and have been mostly satisfied- although for some mysterious reason one of the colors shrank in length - the other three colors didnt. However, the stuff is so reasonably priced I didn't mind the one pair being "cropped".

Brandywine suggested Blair, which is an online site. I've had good luck with Blair. They have lots of comfortable, attractive clothes, including coordinated pants suits, and their prices are very reasonable.

I had the exact same problem. My sister-in-law clued me in that JC Penney was the place to go for comfortable coordinated outfits for seniors. Lots of elastic waistbands and nice looking choices. Good luck!!

When I started buying MIL clothes, I bought at least two tops to match with a pant. One top usually was solid and the other a pattern I knew she would like. But the colors all went together and she got multiple outfits. I also found a lot for her in the Lands End catalog especially tops and cardigans.

What about consignment shops, Goodwill or the Salvation Army? You can find cute things there without breaking the bank.

My mother loves the dressier sweats, with regular cut pants bottoms and embroided matching tops. Warm, cute and easy in and off. We get them at Boscovs.

Speaking of having a closet of the same color clothes.... long time ago I had a tenant roommate who always wore black. Out of curiosity I asked him why all the same color.... he said if he had to get dressed in the dark, everything would match.

I have learned the hard way to be very careful with the cheaper web sites that offer name brands. Many of the comments will say they are too small or the fabric is thinner than those they brought previously. it makes me think they are specially manufactures for the cheap on line stores. products from regular stores on line seem to be OK so be sure to read the comments before ordering even if the brand name is well known. I am having to find elastic waistbands at present as anything tight makes my J tube uncomfortable under the waist band.

There is one catalog I use for clothing for both my Mom and for myself. It's called "National" the website is ShopNational. Reasonably priced, and delivery is fairly quick. Very soft cotton tops that wash and dry very well. Just mix and match.

1 2 3