Can coffee effect sleeping pattern with having dementia?

Decaf coffee

15

Answers

just for information - different decafs have different amounts of caffeine in them. There is no standard for decaf as far as i can tell. I have become highly sensitive to caffeine, which can apparently occur suddenly, and at any age. I had a reaction to the brewed decaf I was using, so have tried different brands, and found a few that are OK for me. If you search the internet you may be able to find how much caffeine is in the brand you use.
I do hope that you get your children's dad placed soon, MissSassy. It sounds like you are having a very difficult time, (((((hugs))))))

from my personal experience, i dont think so but, my mother drrinks her coffee or black tea in the morning . sometimes at around 5pm as well tho it doesn't seem to effect her sleeping pattern . maybe your husband should see a neurologist ( just a suggestion ) . hope things work out .

I am waiting on doctor to come back from vacation. That will be in Sept 4 is when he goes and sees her. I have the paper work ready for her to fill out and put him on the list. Other then that life sucks in taking care of him. He is mean and he loves PITY from people and luvs being taken care of by family and he has no one left but us and we have to put up with him.. I don't put up with pity i luv life and wants,

Ah, good. I hope the waiting list isn't too long!

jeannegibbs we have to wait for his doctor to come back from her vacation too fill out the paper work to get him on the waiting list...

my mom has dementia and drinks coffee in the morning. She wants it later on, but I don't give it to her. She sleeps great! My mom gets dehydrated and I have to push water or Boost on her all day. She is a stinker about wanting coffee and nothing else, but we are working on it.

Caffeine is the least of your problems.

What progress are you making on getting him placed in long term care?

he does not nap durning the day at all, he has to have his coffee everyday if not he has melt down and so on. And for sleeping at nite his brain is set on tweek mode not sleep mode and another thing the meds taking to long to work. Why should i sleep in my kids room for i feel like i have to stay in one room all day all nite and cannot be in same room with him anymore he is crazy. Getting ready to go to court house and ask for help i can't live this way much longer my kids hate there dad so much they scared of him.. Going to see if i can get a restraining order on him i can't tolerate it no more i did that once before and they won't give it to him cause he has no where to go at all. But now I want him out i don't need the stress and cry everyday cause of what is happening to him. He won't even go to his therapy appointments only doctors appointment. I am living my life this way i should not have to.

Caffeine can affect ANYONE's sleep. Not everyone IS affected, but if there is a sensitivity, most definitely YES. Decaf should be called "lowcaf" instead~

Miss Sassy, I think some caffeine is fine, but would just limit it in the a.m. According to many studies they are finding that caffeine may restore cognitive function and slow Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. In my own experience exercise is an excellent sleep aid, but not before bedtime. I’d suggest taking a long walk after dinner (if possible) and incorporating daily exercise. I should not only help with sleep, but also with stress and anxiety of daily life.