What about coconut oil and pine bark extract, can it help with dementia?

I have read the book Awakening from Alzheimer's by Peggy Sarlin, so there is many advisers what to use for Dementia people. Has anybody tried it?

53

Answers

1 2 3 4 5
Pine bark and pine needle are best taken as a powder extract ... 1/4 tsp twice daily in warm water. The taste is slightly bitter so some honey can be added, but I have grown to like the taste of the pine!

Both of these natural products will assist the body ...nobody has mentioned pine bark or pine needle. I have been taking pine bark and pine needle for the last 6 months and have noticed an increase in both energy and that I feel warmer. Studies show that pine can assist the blood vessels to expand/relax allowing more blood to circulate the tissues. Gingko of course is well known for assisting too.

Coconut oil has medium chain trans-fatty acids that help the brain synapses to fire. As for pycnogenol (pine bark) it is a powerful antioxidant. I used both for my mother when her caregiver could remember to give her the coconut oil laced vanilla pudding. You need 3 T per day of the oil. If it's easier, you might try supplementing with medium chain trans-fatty acid in pill form. The coconut oil doesn't help everybody, but those that it does help swear by it.

I believe my father had 3 more years until he fell using the mangosteen supplement

Increase the good (natural) fats and decrease the carbs,and you may notice an improvement.

I used coconut oil (twice a day) for my mother 4 months and found absolutely ***NO** improvement. I discontinued using it. It does make a great skin lotion. It is also a stool softener/laxative effect. That's another reason why I stopped using it.

Many very ethical reserchers and physicians have been "stripped" of their credentials by their boards, because if they are right, the main stream - living in the dark ages - physicians, boards and their "peers" are threatened by being proven wrong. EVERY disease is curable, we just may not yet know the cure. Too bad that the main stream medical establishment has more invested in suppressing the cure and keeping the big pharmaceutical companies in power than in helping people.

I ate a low fat, high complex carb diet for over 40 years. And although I was in better shape than many of my peers, I still had "minor" health issues, such as trouble sleeping, waking up, and 10 years of hot flashes. I am doing much better now that I have switched to a high fat, low carb diet. I have been an ovo-lacto vegetarian for 40 years, and am still an ovo-lacto vegetarian. So the meat industry has no power over me. Sure, some people eat a lot of fat. But they also eat a lot of carbs. I recommend drastically reducing the carbs. It's made a big difference for me. The proof is in the pudding, as they say.

Now I AM putting a spoon of coconut oil (a heaping teaspoon) in my mother's food twice a day. I really can't tell much of a difference; however, it DOES prevent constipation.

You have to remember there are only TWO sources of food the brain can take: Oxygen and carbohydrates. That's it.

1 2 3 4 5